POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Borg cube - 1 attachment : Re: Borg cube - 1 attachment Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Borg cube - 1 attachment
From: Raf256
Date: 29 Feb 2004 07:46:42
Message: <Xns949E8C8524685spamraf256com@203.29.75.35>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in

> Does 256 bytes not allow for a loop of boxes, even with cylinders,
> spheres and torus's?  If you can make a plant ...  :o)

I played with fractals long time ago, and this was my first "borg cube",
but  I could try to make some L system that will produce maze-like-grid,
L systems have suprisingly short code.

In fact this image also uses some style of fractal recursion, but the
effect is not so nice.
  X is an cells pattern
  C is an checker of B
  B is either C or X depending or randomness and recursion level
  box and tunel are covered in X

I also tried to build side of cube as a grid of N..400 cylinders, N-th
cylinder was translated by <N mod 20, int(N/20)> and rotate by 0 or 90*y
randomly. Then put a cube of 6 object like above. Then make smaller one,
with pigment y and ambient 1 to work as light source. And this code AFAIR
was >256 already. To have nice effect it will also require radiosity to
better show green light from inside of cube, and an normal light source,
so I will do it as normal scene (not for SCC3).

It is nice how SCC3 can inspire :)